June 7, 2022
Careers @ Edge
Autism Community Support Workers
We're looking for autism community support workers to join our growing team.
Awesome clients, epic colleagues and a refreshing work-life balance.
We pay the Living Wage - Full Time and Part-Time Roles Available
We’re looking for experienced, enthusiastic, and dynamic individuals to join our growing team, supporting autistic and learning-disabled young adults. You will be empowering young people, encouraging self-worth and confidence. You will encourage clients to make an informed choice and have greater independence and control, in choosing their support. You will also encourage clients to become partners in their own care, decide on the outcomes they want, in a bespoke service, offered in their own home and in the community. We offer training, 1.1 clinical supervision, flexible working hours, an enthusiastic and passionate staff team, and lots of fun opportunities to get outdoors and experience an innovative new way of working.
We offer real living wage pay rates, excellent work-life balance: No weekend work and we have ratings of excellent from the Care Inspectorate. www.edgeautism.com
We prioritise our staff's mental and physical health with a brilliant work-life balance, lots of activity, and sport opportunities and you get to be as creative as you want. We are expanding and we are looking for the best in the business.
Who is Edge?
Edge Autism is innovative and sector leading, we pride ourselves on doing things differently. The Care Inspectorate gave us ratings of 6-excellent in 2019. In 2020 we launched Edge Adventures, fully supported adventure holidays for autistic and learning-disabled young adults.
- Experience with autism is preferred but not essential as full training will be given
- Qualifications of SVQ 2 or equivalent are desirable but not required for employment. Applicants should be willing to work to gain an SVQ in Health and Social Care
- Car and a clean driving license are essential
- We need people who will bring enthusiasm, energy, and a commitment to enabling our young adults to maximise their potential, our young people need great mentors
- A sense of humour, resilience, and flexibility are essential
- We expect all our team to have a skill outside of their primary training, such as music, art, or outdoor sports
- We provide support and supervision alongside continuing professional development
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign-up to the Edge Adventures newsletter!
Be the 1st to hear about our latest adventures, TeamEdge and TeamWild news, views and subscriber-exclusive treats!