June's Respite - Booking Closes April | October's Respite - Booking Closes 1st September
Reserve your space now to avoid disappointment....these adventures are not to be missed!
Inspiring outdoor adventure hurtling through ancient woodlands on quad bikes and putting the pedal to the metal in a go-karting Grand Prix at Aviemore Kart Raceway followed by some Climbing (June) & Abseiling (October) with our pals at Able2Adventure
4 Days / 3 Nights all inclusive, including a day with Cairngorm Quad Treks Aviemore - voted our favourite 'away' experience every time - followed by some Archery at Dalraddy Estate to find out who is on target!
Specialist support to improve wellbeing, build confidence, achieve better mental health and be a part of an awesome team.
Your Motorsport Madness adventure package includes
- 4 days/3 nights staying in a shared room within a Forest Lodge at Badaguish
- Private transport, including travel to and from your trip
- Quad trekking experience
- Go-Karting - who will win the Grand Prix?
- Archery - will you be on target?
- Climbing (June) & Abseiling (October)
- All meals will be provided
- 24/7 specialist support workers from Team Edge
Badaguish is a place where you can explore and develop new and exciting skills in safety, amidst the beautiful forest and mountain scenery of the Cairngorms National Park in the Scottish Highlands.
Accommodation includes a large, accessible, comfortably furnished open plan area, satellite TV and DVD player, fully equipped kitchen, 6-bedrooms, 5 bathrooms over 2 floors.
Depart Friday 16th June 2023 or Friday 13th October
- Depart: Edge HQ, Musselburgh 13:30
- Arrive: Badaguish early evening
Return Monday 19th June 2023 or Monday 16th October
- Depart: Badaguish 09:00
- Arrive: Edge HQ, Musselburgh lunchtime/early afternoon
**Self-travel to Edge Adventures' agreed pick up point is essential
Aviemore is a year round destination with climbing, walking and cycling the main autumn draw. Badaguish Forest Lodges are our official partners and you will be staying in a magnificent 12-bed lodge, with exclusive use of the activity hall, and access to their dedicated sports arena and old bothy BBQ hut - a great place to cook marshmallows over an open fire.
Activities include quad-trekking, archery and go-karting on this adventure but we understand that you might just need some time out so you can swap an active session to simply take in the scenery of the Highlands - this is YOUR adventure!
Come join us in the stunning Cairngorms.
Your highland adventure begins.
Meet TeamEdge in Musselburgh, load up the buses and head off to your Aviemore Lodge.
All that’s left to do today is settle in, get to know your fellow adventurers, grab some dinner and get ready for the exciting weekend of adventures ahead.
June's Adventure - Climbing
Outdoor climbing withAble 2Adventure. This is suitable for everyone from the complete novice, through to those that have been climbing before. There are a number of local crags, ranging from sea cliffs to road side crags. If the weather makes the outdoor venues unsafe we can switch to an indoor venue.
There are specialist climbing harnesses, hoists and aids to ensure it is for all abilities.
October's Adventure - Abseiling
Experience the adrenaline of going over the edge with Edge and Able2Adventure! Experience the adrenaline of going over the edge with Edge. This will take place outdoors in Insh Forrest. With modern adaptive equipment you can take control of your descent - what an amazing challenge.We provide helmets, harnesses and ropes.
Wear comfortable loose fitting clothing, trainers and layers appropriate to the weather such as waterproofs.
It's an early start (yep, even on a Sunday!) to make the most of our last full day in the Cairngorms.
You will be putting the pedal to the metal in go-karts, taking part in time-trials to find out who is the fastest Edge Adventurer in the North - who will take the chequered flag?
Quad Trek Experience
Join us for an inspiring outdoor adventure. Our quad bike treks follow a network of tracks and off-road trails through the magnificent ancient pine woodland and across the heather moorland of this traditional Highland estate with spectacular views of the surrounding mountain landscape. There might even be the odd water obstacle to navigate, watch your feet don't get wet!
Let's shoot some arrows! It doesn't matter if you've never picked up a bow and arrow before or if you're a seasoned pro at hitting the target, you'll have a HEAP of fun. Who will hit the target, how many bullseyes will you get? The main thing is to beat our Outdoor Activity Leaders, Gareth & Jamie!
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
Load the buses and head home after breakfast, we'll be back in the Lothians around lunchtime.
What it's like
Badaguish Forest Lodges
Accommodation in twin rooms: Maximum occupancy: 2 Adults **This may change depending on final numbers.
All bedding is included but towels are not - please remember to bring towels. We will send out a detailed kit list in advance of your adventure.
All travel to and from your adventure in Badaguish as well as private transport to and from all activities.
You must self-travel to the designated pick-up points (usually Edge HQ in Musselburgh and for north-bound adventures an additional pick-up at Hermiston Gait).
Experienced, qualified and trusted instructors for all outdoor activities
All outdoor equipment and safety gear is provided by our trusted activity providers
ALL meals are included - breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks are all included in the cost of this adventure.
If you have any specific dietary sensitivities or needs, these can be discussed prior to the trip so we can accommodate your specific needs.
- TeamEdge staffing for FOUR days (Staff will be available 9.00am - 10.00pm every day)
- A Senior Manager will be on every trip and will be available 10.00 - 4.00pm every day
- 24/7 cover - travellers must be able to self-care overnight - staff are on hand in separate accommodation if required
- 1:3 staff ratio as standard, please discuss with Edge at time of booking if this is not sufficient
What's not included
You must have your own spending money.
- We send out a detailed kit list before every adventure so you know exactly what you need to bring for the specific adventure you've booked
- Everyone packs for their adventures differently but as a guide we would recommend you pack "light"
- Remember - we will be outdoors (most of the time) make sure you have plenty of warm, layers and sturdy boots.
- You will need to bring towels (bedding is included but towels are not)
- Aviemore is a bustling town and if you do forget anything, there are lots of places to buy what you need.
- We are happy to help if you need more information - just call our booking team on 0131 285 8930.
Want to join us in Aviemore?
Come with us, meet new friends and join the adventure at Badaguish!
You can book online or get in touch with our team who will be happy to chat through any questions you might have