Learn how to surf and everything about the world of surfing. Understand the culture, history, philosophy and rules of surfing to you can take to the water with confidence
Surfing is excellent for both the body and mind - Connect with nature and fall in love with the ocean
Join us for an Epic Surf Day Out and build confidence, develop skills, have LOTS of fun and meet new friends in wild places
An Epic Surf Day Out includes
- Learn the fundamentals of surfing to let you discover the awesome sport of surfing, safely and with confidence
- On-shore* activities include but are not limited to: Beach Games, Bushcraft Skills, Raft Building, Foraging and more
- Pick-up Time: 9:30 am (sharp!) Drop-off Time (approx): 4:30 pm
- Transport to and from Edge HQ to the selected surf locations** throughout Scotland (self-travel to and from Edge HQ is essential, there will be no other pick-up/drop-off points)
- Learn fundamental surf skills from the expert surfing instructors at Momentum Surf School
- Lunch - enjoy a tasty and nutritious packed lunch
- Full support from Edge Adventures' Outdoor Activity Leaders
Connect with nature, discover Scotland, learn new skills and laugh until your sides hurt on this Epic Surf Day Out
* On-shore activities are location dependent
**Surf locations are all dependent on weather and conditions, as such, they can be subject to last-minute changes or postponements.
What it's like
Transport to and from the picturesque surf locations of East Lothian is included.
Everyone joining the Edge Surf Club is to meet at Edge HQ for 9:30 am.
Please note: travel to and from Edge HQ is essential - due to the location of the surf spots, we will NOT be doing any pick-ups or drop-offs at anywhere other than Edge HQ
Surf school is being run by Momentum Surf School so you are being taught to surf by the best of the best!
With over 50 years combined surfing experience between Owner Dad Martin, daughter Tamzin and eldest son Owen, all are Fully qualified I.S.A Surf Instructors and have represented Team Scotland at both National and World Junior Championships. Martin an I.S.A Level 2 Coach, is also one of the Junior and Senior Team Scotland National coaches.
Surf sessions are 2 hours long and all equipment (wetsuits, boards etc) is provided
Edge Adventures' Outdoor Activity Leaders have extensive experience with supporting autistic and learning disabled young adults achieve great things through outdoors, wilderness and water but most importantly, they make sure you have lots of FUN!
1:3 Edge Staff Group Ratio as standard. If you feel that you require more intensive support, please discuss this with us directly, we will always do our best to accommodate wherever possible - you can find out how to get in touch with us on our contact page.
What's not included
TRAVEL TO PICK UP POINT
You must self-travel to the meeting point at Edge HQ in Musselburgh. If you have any concerns or questions about the meeting point or any other aspect of your adventure, please don't hesitate to get on touch with us, you can find out more about getting in touch on our contact page
You need to bring with you;
- Flip flops or Sliders - these are to wear on the beach and will get wet/covered in sand
- A towel
- Water-resistant sunscreen
- Swimwear (worn under your wetsuit)
- Please bring plenty of fluids (bottles of water/juice)
All other items of clothing and equipment are supplied: Wetsuits will be provided
We are happy to help if you need more information - just call our booking team on 0131 285 8930.
Want to join an Epic Surf Day Out?
Grab your sense of adventure and get in touch!
You can book online or get in touch with our team who will be happy to chat through any questions you might have